At Willow House Care we support people with a learning disability to live in their own home and enable them to take control of their lives and live the life they choose. We adopt a person centred approach and work with families, carers, advocates and other agencies to support people to achieve their goals. We always start with the person and build the service around their needs, this results in tailored, personal care designed to meet the needs of each individual. Inclusion and participation is important so we involve the people in every aspect of their care.
Our support enables people to live independently. We support individuals to live in their own place or share with others. They have the choice of where they live, and who they live with. The focus is on them, we want to make sure that they feel safe, secure, and most importantly at home.
We support people to make choices and have control over where, with whom and how they live by:
- Working with individuals to identify their strengths, abilities and preferences– involving family members, carers, representatives, advocates and others in their life.
- Helping individuals to set themselves goals and targets as part of their support plan.
- Working with individuals to help them devise and implement their support plan, providing support as necessary.
- Establishing strong working relationships with others involved in supporting the individual.
- Ensuring individuals are provided with accurate and accessible information about their rights, responsibilities and the choices available to them in their preferred format and language.
- Developing budgeting skills
- Providing assistance with taking up education, training and employment opportunitie